HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Out of Circulation

Out of Circulation - Miranda James

Charlie has joined the Friend's of the Library board and while they prepared for their annual fundraiser, he is hosting the meeting at his home. The Ducote Sisters and Vera are battling over what type of fundraiser and where to hold it (the Ducote Sisters' House or Vera's house). Vera is not well liked and so most of the members side with the Ducote sisters and Vera does not take this well, especially since the sisters have sent out the invitations to the Fundraiser before the meeting was held and everyone should have them the next day.

Vera starts to cause trouble for everyone involved in her not hosting the fundraiser. She goes to Charlie first and demands access to the records so she can prove her suspicions, but he refuses to let her into the records. She threatens to have him fired and then starts in on Charlie's girlfriend. It is when the Ducote sisters hear about the activity of Vera that they begin to plan how to take her out of their world without bloodshed. That doesn't stop someone from killing her at the fundraiser.

It is when his housekeeper is believed to be the one who murdered her, that Charlie is asked by the Ducote sisters and Azalea's daughter to find the murderer and bring this to a close quickly.

I listened to it while driving and read when I was home. It was a good story and kept me interested so that I finished it quickly.