HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Litter of the Law

The Litter of the Law - Rita Mae Brown

I borrowed this as an audio and a hardback novel. I was reading when I was home and listening while driving.

It is October and the area of Crozet, VA is getting ready for a hayride to make money for the library and Hester is running her Produce Stand. She will only sell things that are organically grown. She even researches people she buys from to make sure that they are selling what she wants. Then Harry and Fair find a body in a cornfield, dressed as a scarecrow, then Harry finds Hester. Cooper works to find who murdered the two people and takes any information Harry learns just by being out and about, not researching.

The story is fun and informative, including how a tribe can get back on the federal register as an indigenous people.