HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Darkness Deepens

The Darkness Deepens: A Milo Porter Halloween Mystery (Milo Porter Mystery Series) - S D Thames

I was looking for a Halloween Themed story and this seemed to fit the bill, but I was not thrilled with the ending or how it progressed. It was a bit disjointed for me and while I got it for free, I decided to not keep it when I was finished.

The story centers around Milo on Halloween. He is a soldier returned from war (Iraq and Afghanistan) and he has some issues and is seeing a doctor. He goes to church and when he gets to his home on Halloween, he is leaving a friend at his house to hand out candy, while he takes his girlfriend to a party for her brother's business. Plans are changed when his pastor comes to ask him to help find his niece who has gone missing. He goes to find the girl and seems to fall down a rabbit hole. This was where the story was not as good for me.

I realize that everyone has different likes and dislikes, so this is just based on my likes and dislikes, I do suggest everyone decide for yourself if you like it. It was a short read and it was based around Halloween.