HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Pumpkins in Paradise

Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1) - Kathi Daley

This was book 1 (and I read them out of order) and my children had chosen the later book and we borrowed this one to go back and check out the rest of the series. TJ was just given custody of her half-sisters following the death of their mother and father. They have come to live with her, her father and grandfather. She is a coach and teacher at the local high school and is friends with a man who spends all his time in his mansion. She finds him dead and doesn't feel that it was a suicide or an old age death.

While she navigates life as a parent to her sisters, a teacher, a coach and friend, she meets the newest police officer (detective) and makes friends with him. He looks into the death of her friend and the two become friends.

Nice short story (about 5 hours audio) and I paired it with the book and we were able to finish it pretty quickly. The girls and I enjoyed the story. We have even borrowed another from the series.