HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Death of an Honest Man

Hamish Macbeth: Death of an Honest Man: Hamish Macbeth, Book 33 - Audible Studios, David Monteath, M.C. Beaton

The story is set in Scotland and written in dialect so there were times where I didn't know what was being said or what was meant. I had to look up so words (kirk) but I did enjoy the story. I liked the title of the book, I thought it was kind of funny. I was not disappointed in the book. It was a fun read.

Hamish Macbeth (Shakespearean reference) is a police officer in Lochdubh and he is partnered with another officer sent up to "spy" on him because he seems to be pretty good at solving cases, but he doesn't like the attention and doesn't want a promotion to detective. He likes where he is at. He also has women troubles as his two previous women keep coming around. He also has a wildcat that he took to a refuge, but when he hears that someone is shooting at the cats in the refuge, he goes up to save the cat and ends up saving another cat that is viewed by the villagers as a demon.

When a man moves to the area Hamish patrols, he discovers that the man says he is honest and speaks the truth, but it is making people not like him. When he is found dead in a bog with Hamish's handcuffs on him, an investigation is started. Who could he have called for help and who would come out and kill him.

I could not find this as an available audiobook, so I read it when I was home only.