HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles - Carrie

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story - Lori Wilde

I looked at the cover photo, read the little blurb, saw it was short and borrowed it. It was okay, but it became like romance novels when it threw in the steamy sex scene.

Carrie lives in Twilight, TX running the yarn shop her sister opened, dreading the coming Christmas season, her mother died on Christmas Eve when a rumor has started that her former high school sweetheart and ex-husband is coming to town to tape about the local legend. The legend states that if you throw a penny into the fountain you and your high school sweetheart will marry and be together forever. It doesn't matter how long it takes, but that it happens.

Just to be clear, I do not like romances. If a book catches my attention, even if it is a romance, I will read it, but I can live without the sex scenes and fantasy love.