HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Death in the Stacks

Death in the Stacks - Jenn McKinlay

Lindsey is battling with the newest President of the Library Board. She is abrasive, controlling and mean. She is on the attack, trying to get rid of Lindsey and all her staff, especially those who don't meet her standards of dress and decorum. She is also demanding that places contracted to make food, flowers, etc for the Dinner in the Stacks event to earn money for the library, do the service for free. She has created so much ill will that it is no surprise that after being horrible at the event, she is found dead in the stacks, having been stabbed with a steak knife from the event. Paula, the woman that Olive (Boyle...listening it sounded like Olive Oil, Popeye's girlfriend) was tormenting the worst, is thought to be to blame for the death and the mean girls (Olive's friends) also blame Lindsey and Paula. When people start making life miserable for Paula, Lindsey breaks her vow to not investigate anymore and looks into who would want Olive dead.

This was so fun. It had a whole cast of new characters, including the visiting cupcake bakers from AZ (Fairytale Cupcakes....Cupcake Mysteries, the author's other series). It also dealt with all kinds of other information. I woke up and started working on finishing this story because I was invested in knowing who did the deed.