HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Dead Men Don't Crochet

Dead Men Don't Crochet - Betty Hechtman

Molly and her friend, Dinah, are still crocheting with the group and are forming relationships with them. One day, another woman asks to join, but she wants to knit and Adele is vehemently anti-knitting. Shiela is a very talented student who is struggling to make ends meet and when the new owner of the cottage refuses to pay her a fair price for her wares, she comes to the group and Molly suggests they go and back her up. That doesn't seem to help and the man ends up dead and Sheila is viewed by Detective Heather as the culprit and makes her life so bad her apartment is threatened and so is her only job (she is told that if the scrutiny results in her arrest she will lose both).

My problem with the story is that there is someone so anti-knitting that she is not welcoming to the new people. She, in fact, runs them off with her behavior. I have always found that people who knit or crochet or both are very friendly and welcoming.

I did enjoy the story and will read another.