HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Survival of the Fritters

Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery) - Ginger Bolton

I loved the title on this book and that was what made me pick it up and borrow it from the library. I also loved the cover art, it is fun. That being said, this is the first book in the series and because it was a paperback vs a kindle and an audio combination (like I have been doing to help me get through the books faster), it took me some time to find to read the book.

Em and her father-in-law, Tom, run a donut shop together after the death of her husband and his son. Tom is a former police chief and she is a former 911 operator. Tom is very observant and noticed that one of their regulars was missing. When she went over to talk with the ladies of the knitting group, she also noticed that Georgia was missing. Later the women return with the key to her house and a group to go see if she is okay. When they get to the house, they are shocked to find her dead. Brent comes and interviews the women and sends them on their way and keeps in contact with Em.

Later that night, while visiting with a friend in her backyard, Em with her cat Dep's help finds one of the women, Lois, in her backyard, which borders Em's property on the ground with an injury to her head. This is when she gets involved in finding out who really murdered Georgia and five years before, Georgia's son, Matthias.

It was a good story and I did enjoy reading it.