HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Borrower of the Night

Borrower of the Night - Elizabeth Peters

Dr. Vicky Bliss is a strong, intelligent woman, who learned very young that because she was smarter than the boys in her class they felt threatened by her. When she blossomed into womanhood, it just got worse for her. "She collected degrees like other women collected engagement rings." was the quote that I remembered the best. When she is hired to be a teacher at an exclusive school in the mid-west, she meets Tony, another teacher who is not threatened by her looks or intelligence. He proposes to her frequently. It is then that he feels that the only way she will accept him is if he is able to "control" her. One night, while waiting for him to finish his work, she starts reading a book in the pile of books and her imagination is started and they individually plan a trip to Germany to find the missing piece of art.

The book was interesting and fun to listen to (in the car while driving) and fun to read when I was at home. It provided some history and other information and showed the relationship between Vicky and Tony and the changes it makes throughout the trip.