HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Sugar and Iced

Sugar and Iced - Jenn McKinlay

Mel and Angie are hired by the beauty pageant to make the contestants recipes for the competition and cupcake towers for the people who come to see the competition, participate and judge the competition. She balks at the thought but is finally convinced to participate. Lupe, Oz's friend, is going to participate and Mel's mother and friend, Carrie, get her ready and help her. She is the odd girl out as her mother is not there to help her, she is not blonde and blue-eyed and she hasn't been doing these contests for years, like the other girls.

Mariel is the head judge and has a bias against Lupe and when Lupe confronts her there are issues. It is when Mariel's scores are reviewed that the lowest score on all the girls is thrown out. It is when Mariel is found dead the next day that Lupe is viewed as the murderer. It is because of this that Angie and Mel try to find out who really murdered Mariel.

This was a fun story and definitely had a twist to it. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.