HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Borrower of the Night
Elizabeth Peters
Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery)
Ginger Bolton
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Caramel Crush

Caramel Crush (Cupcake Bakery Mystery) - Jenn McKinlay

Angie and Tate's wedding date is just 3 months away and Angie has become a Bridezilla and is hard to control. While dealing with that, Mel gets a visit from her former roommate from college. She wants Mel to make break-up cupcakes and personally deliver them to her ex-fiancee. She wants to humiliate him in front of everyone, just as she feels she was by him. She uses the "you owe me" to get Mel to do it, but Mel goes to the man's house, the club and then to the office where he works. It is when she is verbally berated into searching the warehouse that she finds the man dead in a ball pit. Her former roommate, Diane, then says she needs to prove her innocence. Mel has to divide her time between Joe, her almost-husband - they were almost married until the fake preacher was arrested, Angie (wedding things) and Diane (finding the real murderer).

There were some moments that I was laughing so hard, I had to rewind the audio just to hear what I had missed while laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and moved onto the book before that I had missed "Sugar and Iced."

If it weren't for the fact that I am downsizing, I would probably look into buying this series, as we have all enjoyed these books.