HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1)
Harper Lin
Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8)
Kathi Daley
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Guilty as Cinnamon

Guilty as Cinnamon - Leslie Ann Budewitz

Pepper is helping a friend, Tamara, set up the spice needs for her new restaurant. As she is working in her shop one day, another friend, Alex - Tamara's current boss, storms in furious that she had not forewarned him that Tamara was planning on leaving to start her own place. When Pepper figures out who told Alex, she fires her on the spot. This starts a set of problems for her. She finds another dead body, her ex-husband, Tag, is still trying to get back with her and Alex is arrested for the murder of Tamara. She helps Alex in trying to figure out who really murdered Tamara and along the way, she learns things that she didn't know.

On the whole, the story was pretty interesting. I like quotes at the beginning of chapters the information on the spices.