HelloGeorge

Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Knit to Kill
Anne Canadeo
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon

With the growing number of kids being diagnosed with Autism or Asperger's, this book was a good look at families and their coping mechanisms and how literal things can be taken.

Christopher gets out of bed and walks around outside and while doing this, he finds a neighbor's dog stabbed to death with a garden fork. He is originally blamed and because the police did not know how to deal with him, they end up escalating the situation and he ends up arrested and taken to the station. He is told he has to behave himself and not do anything or he will end up with more trouble, but he decides to find out how murdered the dog. Along the way, he learns about the truth of what happened to his mother and the neighbor.

I found the story very interesting and looked for whenever I could listen to the story. I have even assigned the book to my girls for school this year.