HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Once Upon a Spine

Once Upon a Spine  - Kate Carlisle

Brooklyn and Derek are engaged and she still has not met her future in-laws (Derek's parents). She is nervous about their arrival, but they are ready for the week of having both parents under their roof. They go to the bookstore that has older books, the local store owned by Will Rabbit and some other places. The next morning, Brooklyn goes to Will's store to find Joey dead under a shelving unit and Will unconscious next to him. She calls 911 and Derek. Their friend and detective comes and interviews her and she gives as much information as she can. Soon after that, her parents and Derek's parents are in the house and they are taking them around and finding that they enjoy each other's company and help to solve the murder of Joey and attack on Rabbit.

The story was fun and had moments that were funny. This was another book that I combined reading and listening in order to get through the book a little faster. I know that I will continue to read the series (out of order as I am able to obtain them from the library).