HelloGeorge

The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Death of an English Muffin

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery) - Victoria Hamilton

Merry has inherited her father and uncle's castle and she was originally going to sell the place, but until it could be sold she had to do something to make money in order to pay taxes and upkeep. She agrees to host for a couple of months some women from New York and she has started calling the Legion of Horrible Ladies. It seems that one of the ladies is from England and acts very entitled and says things that should never be said. She is at the point of being forced to leave Wynter Castle because of her behavior, right down to demanding the room of Merry. The women she is with are just as bad at times. Finally, one day during tea, she disappears into the bathroom and they have to break in and find her dead. The sheriff and Merry work together to find out who murdered her and injured another lady. In fact, Merry and one of the ladies daughters get along so well, that she convinces her to start selling her baking goods in the town.

The story was pretty good and there were some slow moments where I lost attention. But on the whole, it was a pretty good story.