HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Vanilla Beaned (#8)

Vanilla Beaned  - Jenn McKinlay

This is the 8th book in the Cupcake Series. I divide time on this to get the book "read" by reading when I am not driving and listening when I am in my car driving somewhere. When the audio is playing the girls enjoy listening to the book. They enjoy several of the moments that just make you laugh.

The Mel, Angie, and Tate are headed to Las Vegas, on the Elvis competition weekend (unknowingly) and they are there to meet the first person who wants to buy into their franchise of Fairy Tale Cupcakes. When they get to the hotel, they find out that this is the weekend that all the impersonators come to Las Vegas and so the hotel is filled with impersonators. Angie and Tate run out to explore and when it is time for the meeting with Stewart (the lawyer), Scott (the realtor) and Holly (the woman who wants to buy in), they are MIA and Mel is furious. She didn't want to franchise and when she sees Holly, who is drop dead gorgeous, she becomes mean and takes her anger out on Holly. They go to the location and finally, Holly has had enough and runs away crying. Stewart tells Mel that he knew she didn't want this, but that he didn't know she was going to be this mean. When she realizes that is exactly what she has been, she goes and talks with Holly and discovers that she does like her a little. When the location she wants to use blows up, injuring Scott severely and Stewart, she finds that she likes her even more. They eventually end up at Holly's home and learn some of the things that she hadn't told, her daughter and how she wants to have her more than just on Monday's (her off day). She is also being stalked and threatened and she is scared that her stalker is doing these accidents to her. The whole group comes together (even Marty and Oz and Manny come to town to help keep the girls safe).

I laughed so hard at the very end of this book as something that happened in the book was also part of my life. I loved this book and can't wait to try some of these recipes.