HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Hammett Hex

The Hammett Hex - Victoria Abbott

Jordan and Smiley are together and they have gone to San Francisco, CA to see his long-lost grandmother. While they are there, she is tasked with finding a book for her employer and just have a vacation after all the mysteries they had solved together. Smiley is so taken with Jordan, he left his job and sold his house so that there would be no problems between him and her family. He bought a new house to renovate, he got a new job that was better in another district. So he offered to take her on a trip to San Francisco. While they are there, they are attacked several times, once by a car, once on a trolley and their rooms are torn apart. They even think they have made a friend in a neighbor of his grandmother. When Jordan gets to Smiley's grandmother's house one night to stop a violent break-in, she and the grandmother have bonded. She and Smiley start staying with the grandmother, just to keep her and her maid/cook safe. As all this happens, they begin to wonder who is behind all the attacks on them and his grandmother.

Fun story and lots of ups and downs and great description of San Francisco and telling information about Hammett's stories that are set in that area. I have never read any of Hammett's books, but I know that I have now put some of them on my TBR list.