HelloGeorge

The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Yarn to Go
Betty Hechtman
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

17 Carnations

17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History - Andrew Morton

This book documents King Edward VIII and his life as Prince of Wales David to his life in France. It was an eye-opening story of what happened in the early 1900's with David and how he was the playboy prince and how he would only have relations with married women because he had not wanted to be married. When he met Wallis Simpson he was enamored to the point of doing what he wanted, he stepped down from the throne, making his younger brother King George VI and his nieces the future of the throne. He was forced to leave England and stay away from Wallis for 6 months and then he was told that he would have to stay out of England and only return at the pleasure of the monarchy. If he returned at his own pleasure, he would lose the allowance given him by the monarchy. He and Wallis were courted by the Nazis and this was another thing that made him unwanted in the country. They had to hide information from him in order to keep the country safe. I was intrigued by the book after seeing "The Crown" on Netflix. It was a good read.