HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

White Colander Crime

White Colander Crime (A Vintage Kitchen Mystery) - Victoria Hamilton

I read and listened to this book and I was not happy with some of the sections of the audio where the narrator was trying to sound shocked or surprised. It sounded harsh and startling and I was flinching at the sound.

On the whole, the story, set at Christmas time in Queensville, MI, was pretty interesting. It was a later book in the series and could be read out of order (since that is what I did). The town is opening an old house for tourists to see how things were in historic times and having Dickinsonian Festival. A young woman who was hunting for a missing woman thinks she is a better detective than Jamie and tells her so. She also wrote in a diary and pushes the man she wants to cause trouble by saying things that upset him, causing him to lash out physically. Jamie is pushed into doing her own investigation for the paper she works for because the editor of the paper knows that her son did not murder the young woman and she wants Jamie to prove it. Also, Jamie is dating a man with a child and she is feeling that relationship along. This was more romance than I really get into.

I have another by this author that I will read and listen to and just giving it another chance.