HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1)
Harper Lin
Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8)
Kathi Daley
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Twelve Angry Librarians

Twelve Angry Librarians - Miranda James

Charlie is working as the interim director for the University Library and it is the weekend of the Library Convention. He has to attend as the University is the Hosting Library and one of his employees (Lisa) has been working hard on the event. As he is looking over the list of things that is going to be happening, he sees the name of his nemesis from his days getting his Master Degree, Gavon Fong. The man has not gotten better with age, if nothing else, he is worse. He sends a threatening email to Charlie, after Charlie had been sent his resume and told he has applied to the school for the position. Charlie states that he would quit before he would ever work for GF. But to be fair to the man, he does his research on the resume and states that he would not want someone who cannot stay at a position for more than 3 years hired for the job. The committee listens and refuses to come to have an interview.

When the two men meet in the street, GF makes a statement and Charlie answers truthfully and then GF starts attacking Charlie, after the third swing, Charlie swings back and knocks GF down. It is only after this that others come forward and state that they will all back Charlie if GF tries to get him in trouble. They all saw Charlie avoiding the fight and only defended himself. After this it is not a surprise that GF drinks tainted water and dies. It is during the search for what really happened that they learn so much more about how sleazy and lazy GF truly was. There was no love lost with any of the librarians and GF.

Fun story. Charlie is dealing with his very pregnant daughter and son-in-law possibly leaving the area to go to another college in order to be able to do the best for the family. His being offered the position as full-time Library Administrator.