HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Borrower of the Night
Elizabeth Peters
Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery)
Ginger Bolton
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Buttercream Bumpoff

Buttercream Bump Off  - Jenn McKinlay

I borrowed this book and the audio from the library to play while we were driving to our different places on vacation. It was one that my whole family enjoyed and were giggling over.

Mel and Gina are having classes for couples, teaching them to make cupcakes together and their session is interrupted by Mel's mother, who comes to the store because she is so excited to be going on a date for the first time since the death of Mel's father. Joyce, Mel's mother, goes on the date and Mel gets a frantic call from her, her date is dead. No idea what happened and she is in a state of undress and wet. Mel now makes it her job to find out who really murdered the man, using her mother's stocking and making it look like Joyce had done the deed. All the while, she continues to teach the classes leading up to Valentine's day.

Gina begins to date the murdered man's son, Brian aka Roach and Tate begins to learn that he actually does have feelings for Angie and the ladies make a friend of an older man, who starts to help them in the investigation and becomes a staff member in their shop.

Just a fun story, through and through.