HelloGeorge

The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Yarn to Go
Betty Hechtman
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Red Velvet Revenge

Red Velvet Revenge - Jenn McKinlay

Such a fun book to listen to while in the car. Yesterday was my middle child's birthday and my youngest had chosen this book to be listened to in the car while we were traveling. My husband and children laughed out loud at many moments in the book.

It is a very hot summer in AZ and Gina and Mel are discussing what they should do about their dwindling clientele (too hot to come out and enjoy a cupcake). When Oz and Marty show up with an old ice cream truck to go out and find the business. They convince the girls to come out for a test drive and the van dies. While they are discussing what they should do about the broken van, Slim and his wife Tammy show up and help the crew out by giving them a ride back to the shop. As a reward for his help, they give Slim a package of cupcakes and he loves the cupcakes so much he gets the girls to commit to coming to the rodeo and selling cupcakes there. While they are there, Slim gets shot and then the "star" of the rodeo is found dead in a bullpen. Who really tried to shoot Slim and who really murdered Ty are the questions that they try to answer to save Oz from being charged with the murder.