HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Borrower of the Night
Elizabeth Peters
Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery)
Ginger Bolton
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Better Late Than Never

Better Late Than Never - Jenn McKinlay

This book starts with the first ever library return where you could return your books without a fine, no matter how late they were. The library ends up being filled with books being returned after weeks, months and years. Lindsey, the library director, asks her usuals at the "Crafternoon" to help check books back into the library and arrange them for placement back on shelves. She even offers prizes for the book that was returned after being gone the longest. The ladies find a book that was checked out 1 day before the person who borrowed it was murdered. Lindsey takes the book to the police and then starts her own investigation with Robbie, an old English actor with a crush on her, to find out who really murdered the lady, an English teacher at the local high school.

This also has Lindsey "talking" about her relationship with Sully and then the two of them coming out and letting the whole town know.

It was a cute story and there were some moments that were too crazy to be probable, but still a fun story.