HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1)
Harper Lin
Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8)
Kathi Daley
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Delicious and Suspicious

Delicious and Suspicious - Riley Adams

I would start and stop on this book as I came across other books and I just felt the pressure to read what my girls were reading and just trying to find something to get them excited about the reading. I also could not find an audio version of this book, so I was stuck with hardback or Kindle borrows from the library.

Lulu is the owner of Aunt Pat's, an old BBQ place in Memphis, TN. It used to be her aunt's place and then it became hers. Her oldest son, Ben, helps run the kitchen, while her dil, Sarah, and others help with waitressing duties. Her youngest son, Seb, has returned to the family business but is unreliable at best and uncaring at the worst. A food channel has sent some people to look at the two BBQ places in town to showcase on their show. The person sent to meet and greet is Rebecca and she is not a very nice person and wrecks havoc all around as she goes around the town. When she ends up dead in her room following a tasting at Aunt Pat's, Lulu feels the pressure to find out who really killed her and made it look like her family is to blame.

There were some moments where there seemed to be too much happening in the story and yet the story didn't seem to be going anywhere. There are lots of people in the story who come in later that will help the story move along. I did enjoy the story once I was able to just sit and enjoy the story.