HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1)
Harper Lin
Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8)
Kathi Daley
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

A Bat in the Belfry

A Bat in the Belfry - Sarah Graves

I picked up this book originally about a year ago from the library because of the title and then the picture on the cover and I just haven't found much time to sit with the book. I finally realized that in order to get through books a little faster (while school is in session) I really needed to use audio (for while I am driving) so that I could make some progress. I started listening in the car and had to restart a few times as people (mostly my children and husband) kept talking to me and I felt they were more important to listen to.

I think the other reason that I had trouble getting into the book was that it had so many different threads going on and I was having trouble keeping them straight. It also didn't help that it was the middle of a series and I feel that I may go and get the first in the series and see what happens.

Jake, is a woman who moved her family to an island in Maine to get her son away from the drugs and alcohol that was ruining his life and a place where she could start again away from her ex-husband. She bought and fixed up an old house. She found her father and his current wife and they live with her, her current husband and her son.

Chip is an old friend of the family and comes to visit and he has trouble with his life, his girlfriend/partner and with the police trying to get them to look at what he had found and use that information to stop the real killer of young people.

A young girl goes up into the belfry of the church to get the money from the local drug dealer so she can leave town and create a good life for herself as she wants to get as far from her father as she can. Only when she gets up in the belfry, there is someone waiting for her and she is murdered. When she is being tied up, the bell in the belfry starts ringing, this brings the sheriff to find out what had happened as the bell hadn't been rung in many years.