HelloGeorge

Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Knit to Kill
Anne Canadeo
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Christie Curse

The Christie Curse - Victoria Abbott

The story has a woman named Vera, who lives in a mansion, with a staff and collects first editions and rare editions of books. She hires people who love books (preferably men) to find the books for her. Her last hire, Alex, was killed at a train platform in NYC and she hires Jordan to do the work to find a rare Agatha Christie play, written during the time she disappeared to make it look like she had been kidnapped. Jordan, while loving books and knowing quite a bit about them, does not really have much knowledge about Agatha Christie and uses the help of her friend Lance, a librarian at the library. She also starts going to the same places that Alex had gone to find the play. As she is going, she learns some things and then starts going to Alex's parents and his fiancee. When one of the booksellers is found beaten in her store, by Jordan, she starts to search for the truth.

There were some things that I didn't enjoy at the beginning of the story that seemed to make the story drag along, but I guess are part of what was needed to set it up and all the future stories up, at least I am hoping. After I got to the middle it seemed to move along better. I didn't enjoy the constant talk about the outlaw uncles who raised her and taught her to protect herself from all law enforcement.