HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1)
Harper Lin
Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8)
Kathi Daley
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

A Killer Plot

A Killer Plot - Ellery Adams

Book one of the series. I had inadvertently read a book farther into the series and had enjoyed the story. I have been combining reading with audio for awhile so that I can knit/crochet/drive, etc and finishing a book, but I still enjoy the delights of reading a book.

Olivia returned to her hometown, that she had been taken from after the death of both her parents, by her grandmother. She has come back wealthy and has become a landowner with many businesses and some view her as being haughty. They gossip behind her back and make comments. One day, she is eating at her friend's cafe, Grumpy's, and makes comments on a group's author readings and afterward is invited to come join them. She is also asked if she has a place that the group can meet to discuss their writing and help each other. She becomes friends with the leader, a flamboyant gay man who also writes a gossip column. After the last meeting, at Olivia's restaurant, they listen to a couple who are famous (an actress and a bad boy band member). He then follows them to the bar where the young man is going to meet someone for something. Later, Olivia's friend is found murdered. This starts the group on trying to figure out who would murder their leader and friend.

The story was okay and while I did finish it, it was not as interesting as the later story. I know that I will probably read a few more (hopefully in order) to see if it gets better.