HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Partner

The Partner - John Grisham

Patrick Lanigan was unhappy, he was unhappy in his life, his marriage and his law partnership. He started thinking about how to get away from this life. His wife was cheating with her old boyfriend and had had a child with him that was not his child. His partners were scamming the government with the help of a Senator, related to the partner who was considered the major owner, they were planning on getting rid of Patrick just so he never got any of the money. He planned and plotted and then made it look like he had been killed in a freak accident. He disappeared and then he waited and listened and planned and took the money that had been the root of the partners' plans to get rid of Patrick. He stole the 90 million dollars and then disappeared. 4 years later, he was captured and tortured and brought back to the US for prosecution. But as the prosecution starts he starts working his way free from the charges and gets things settled to his choices.

The book was a fast read and I really didn't want to put the book down or stop listening to the story (for those times when I listened while driving). I know that there are some who don't like these books and I know that when I read enough of his books, I choose to leave them alone for awhile. I do suggest not listening to the first chapters around children as the descriptions of the torture were intense.