HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Magic and Macaroons

Magic and Macaroons - Bailey Cates

"“Those are macarons,” I said, then spelled the word. “Though sometimes it’s spelled the same as the coconut-based cookies we have here. Macarons don’t typically have any coconut at all."

As the ladies of the Spell Book Club are having their meeting, a woman comes and starts banging on the door and saying that she was sent by her uncle to find Katie Lightfoot. Then she collapses and goes into a coma. Katie feels that she needs to find out who this woman is, who her uncle is and then what really happened to them both. Along the way, she meets her former flame's new girlfriend and quickly fiancee. She learns about voodoo and meets some practitioners.

This book took me awhile because it was on a tablet and then I would just get sidelined by other stories and just kept having to work on it a little at a time.