HelloGeorge

Mr. Lemoncello's Great Library Race
Chris Grabenstein
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Nightingale Before Christmas

The Nightingale Before Christmas - Donna Andrews

Meg has been drafted to organize the designers and spearhead any issues and fix any problems that crop up. The designers have each been assigned a room(s) at the "Show House" to decorate for Christmas. They get a chance to show their stuff and possibly win some money for their charity. One male designer in the show house has made life bad for all the others. He has ruined their rooms, he has sexually harassed some of the women and he has been accused and caught stealing from the other designers, including Meg's own mother. He stole her urn and then claimed it was his, all the way up to Meg asking who he keeps stored in his urn and then opening the urn and pretending to pull out a ring and saying, oh look here is aunt someone's ring! He has to admit he took the urn from Meg's mother because he wanted it for the room he was decorating. He has damaged their rooms and only when Meg points out that he is going to have pay for these damages before he can continue does he get really upset. He has made so many enemies in the house and everywhere else. Stanley Denton is looking for him to serve him with papers for damages he did or rooms he left undone. One night, Meg comes back to the house to make sure all is well only to be shot at and find the designer dead from a gunshot wound. Now the real work begins as they look for the person who murdered Clay and who has been trying to break into the house. Along the way, Meg discovers that there is a women's shelter in the town and that many women are taking advantage of it. They also work hard to get ready for the house showing so that it can benefit the Historical Society.

The book was read out of order but still a good and fun read. My girls who have been listening to the audio in the car with me have been enjoying the stories so much that they too have been looking for the books to read when I don't have the audio.