HelloGeorge

Nancy CoCo
Progress: 90/352 pages
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Swan for the Money

Swan for the Money - Donna Andrews

Meg has been drafted by her mother and the ladies of the garden society to organize a Rose Show. It is the Friday before the show and she has to go and get the barns set up on the property of an eccentric woman, known as Wrinkleston as she is called behind her back. She likes the colors of black, white and gray and only those colors are allowed on her property. Anyone on her property has to be shorter than her or stand below her and they have to wear the approved colors. In fact, she tries to sabotage the Show by calling all the competitors and telling them only Black and White roses are being shown, no other colors are allowed!

On the Friday that she is setting up, Meg finds a woman stabbed in a field with goats. The weapon is the garden shears she made for her mother. Many things happen during the investigation of the woman's death, including a dognapping, a poisoning and what appears to be a cattle rustling.

Again this book is part of a series and can be read out of order or in order as the reader is able to do so. I also borrowed this book in two formats, Kindle and Audio, so that I could listen while I drove to Kentucky and back again. The stories are just fun and there are some things that you can learn along the way, including another word for garden shears (I forget how to spell it).