HelloGeorge

The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Some Like It Hawk

Some Like It Hawk - Donna Andrews

Another Meg Langslow cozy. It is important to note that this series can be read out of order (which I am currently doing as I obtain the books from the library) or in order.

The town of Caerphilly, VA, is holding a tourist event all summer long to raise money to try and pay off the evil lenders who have brought their flying monkeys (the private security) to keep people out of the courthouse. In the basement of the courthouse, Phineas Throckmorton has barricaded himself for the past year and the town has been helping to keep him stocked with food and necessary items while he keeps all the papers safe and away from the evil lenders while the new town attorney, Meg's cousin, works to find a way to save the town from the evil lenders. While all this is happening, a woman from the evil lender has been murdered and it has been made to look like Phineas has done the deed. Meg and the rest of her family work very hard to find out who really murdered her and stop the evil lender from taking over the town and all the surrounding areas.

I really enjoy these stories and when my kids are in the car listening to the story with me, laughing at some of the things that happen in the story, I know it is a winner. My middle daughter has started hunting on the Kindle to find these books so she can read them, too.