HelloGeorge

Nancy CoCo
Progress: 90/352 pages
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Assaulted Caramel - Amish Candy Mystery

Assaulted Caramel (An Amish Candy Shop Mystery) - Amanda Flower

This is set in Holmes County, OH. My husband's family is from that area and I have family up that way, so we spend a lot of time in that area. I love going to that area so much that my husband gets a hotel room for three days around my daughter's and my birthday to celebrate up there.

Bailey has rushed to her grandparents home and shop because her grandfather is ill and she knows that she needs to be with them. But she is getting calls from New York where she is up for a prestigious job offer...head chocolatier for a well-known chocolate company. Soon as she arrives, she sees her grandfather threatened by a man who is trying to buy up the whole neighborhood of Amish Businesses. That night, she goes to the kitchen and finds that man dead. She is considered the suspect in this crime and feels that to protect her grandparents she must work to find the true murderer.

There were things that I had problems with, that had more to do with what I know about Amish in Holmes County, but it just spurred me to do some research of my own. It also had to do with the fact that when a child leaves the Amish, they are shunned and the family has to shun the child and their family, so I had problems with the idea that they had such a close relationship with their "Englisch" grandchild and yet are not shunned by the community, too, for keeping the relationship. I didn't like the sheriff in the story and hope that he is removed in future stories and I do hope that this storyline continues. It was a fun read and I did enjoy the story on the whole.