HelloGeorge

Mr. Lemoncello's Great Library Race
Chris Grabenstein
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Death of a Movie Star

Death of a Movie Star - Timothy Patrick Kirby

I was contacted by the author requesting that I review his book, sending me a free copy. After reading the story, I am pleased to state that the book is a good read.

The story starts with the comment that if you are over 80 years old, you can commit a murder, just one murder, and get away with it because it would be too much money to try you and put you in jail. Because at 80 you are knocking on death's door and it would be wasted money. I didn't really like the thought of that as we are seeing more people live to their 90's and 100's. But I wasn't willing to leave the book at that point, I wanted to see how this would progress.

Lenora is an aging film actress who hunts up another has-been actress and asks her who she would love to get rid of forever. The name that jumps to her lips is Cassandra aka Casmo. A young actress who has become a thorn in the sides of both women. Lenora has a plan. She wants to get rid of Casmo and wants someone else to take the blame.

She runs a television show with her business manager, Micah Bailey. Micah is the host of "Starbash 2020" and he hates Hollywood and all the trappings. So much so that he states that he never watches tv or movies. He hides in the garage at Lenora's and works on cars and trashes the Hollywood elite.

16 actors and actresses with known problems with temper, alcohol or drugs come on the show to go from the top to the bottom and show that they can become human. Along the way, you see the changes in Casmo and you see that she has an ax of her own to grind. One that goes back to when Lenora and her own mother were sharing an apartment and competing for acting jobs. It seems that Lenora is suspected of turning Cassandra's mother into the FBI during the 1950's witchhunt for Socialists.

This did have a definite story and you could see people emerging from the face that they present to the world. I do recommend this story.