HelloGeorge

The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Murder at the Vicarage

The Murder at the Vicarage - Agatha Christie

One of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple mysteries. The story is told from the pov of the Vicar, but Miss Marple is viewed as an older woman who knows all that is happening in the area and keeps track of all those who live around her. She can tell what they are wearing, what they are carrying and who they are with. The inspector sent out to investigate the murder of the Colonel refuses to let anyone tell him anything no matter how hard they might try and he has an obvious bias against women so that he doesn't like them very much. It makes him seem incompetent in his investigation. He then needs the help of the Vicar to find the truth because he does take time to listen to the women and dismisses them. There are unsigned notes being sent around that are meant to cause problems with people and spouses.

I had been listening to this, over reading it and feel that there was much I may have missed through listening over reading. I will be revisiting the story in the written form so I can see what I may have missed. I did enjoy the story and the movement of people through the village and the hunting to find the truth.