HelloGeorge

The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Dial Meow For Murder

Dial Meow for Murder (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery) - Bethany Blake

This is book 2 in the series by Bethany Blake. It is Halloween and Daphne has moved into the old caretaker's cabin. She has shown up at the old Flynt Mansion to help sell her dog treats to help raise funds for the dog rescue. Her mother is having a fit in the mansion as the owner cannot be found and her cat is running around and the place is a mess. Finally, Daphne, trying to catch the cat finds the body of Lillian Flynt and then takes in her terror of a cat.

She and Jonathon are becoming better friends and he has formed a good relationship with Artie and Axis (the two dogs from the previous book that she convinced him to adopt). His ex-wife has moved to the area and seems to be trying to have a relationship with him. Her sometimes boyfriend is trying to have a serious conversation with him.

Along the way, she finds another body and finds the real murderer.

Pretty good story and Daphne is starting to become more dependable, but still flighty. I do recommend reading the stories in order and there is a 3rd book on the way in the spring.