Mary's Books

Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Murder at the Vicarage
Agatha Christie
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Six Geese A-Slaying
Donna Andrews

Do Not Read in Public

Killer Characters - Ellery Adams

This is set Oyster Bay, NC, and Olivia helping her friend Laurel deal with all that is expected of her while her mil dies from cancer. As she is at Laurel's in-law's house, she overhears something suspicious between Laurel's husband and the nurse, Stacy. She goes to Laurel's house and tells her what she heard and then stands by Laurel when they go to find Laurel's husband with Stacy and then when Stacy is murdered and Laurel is the prime suspect.

As they begin the search for the truth they find out that Stacy has been stealing from the people she is caring for in the hospice. As they continue to work they discuss the issues that made them who they are and how they trust or not trust.

I had moments where I didn't like how the writing went and there were moments where my heart broke for Laurel. I had read something written by another that said the author said this was not going to be a Disney ending and I was uncertain about what that meant. Then as I read the ending I started crying and realized that I should have only been at home when I reached this point and I really wanted to hold my husband tight.

Also, this is another book that is the middle or end of the series. It wasn't a problem with reading this book first as I didn't wonder about the earlier books. I may read the earlier books, knowing my luck, out of order and I do plan on finding more by this author.