HelloGeorge

The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Progress: 51 %
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Started in the middle of the series again

No Cats Allowed (Cat in the Stacks Mystery) - Miranda James

I have been wanting to read books by this author for a while. I found an audio version and paired it with the book. When I was driving, I would listen to the book and able to sit and read would read the book.

Charlie Harris is a part-time librarian at Athena College Library and in charge of the old texts. He has a large Maine Coon cat that goes to the office with him, called Diesel. The old supervisor, Peter, left without warning from his job and the replacement is a hateful man named Oscar Reilly. Oscar is so hated by the staff that people start playing jokes on him (writing Oscar the Grouch on his windshield with pink lipstick and then covering with vaseline) and doing things to make him even angrier. Finally, one night he is murdered in the library and everyone is trying to figure out who hated him the most.

This is a series of stories, and again I started in the middle, but it seems to be a series that can be read out of order and the story was very interesting. You meet Charlie's son and daughter and their spouses, his housekeeper and her daughter, a deputy, and many others.

I did enjoy this story and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.