HelloGeorge

Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Knit to Kill
Anne Canadeo
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Mother's Day

A Catered Mother's Day (A Mystery With Recipes Book 11) - Isis Crawford

Libby and Bernie are working on making items for Mother's Day for fathers and children to bring home to their wives and mothers. In the midst of all this, Ellen, Bernie's oldest friend, decides that even though Bernie was joking, she was going to pretend to be kidnapped and then calls Bernie terrified and wanting her help. When Libby and Bernie show up at the motel where she had hidden, there is a dead body on the bed of her room and she wants them to do something. While they argue with each other, Ellen listening through the door of the bathroom takes off. Then the police show up while they are chasing her and she is in more trouble and so are Bernie and Libby. The sons of Ellen show up and ask her to help their mother and find out who really did murder the man found in the bed of the room Ellen was staying in.

This story was better, but I don't know if it was because I was listening to the audio, as well as reading it, or if it was just better because it was later than the first in the series. I have been reading the books out of order.

I have also been reading the books when listening to the audio isn't able to happen (noisy places or libraries) and listening to the audio when reading is not an option (driving the car or knitting or crocheting). I find that this helps me get through more books and my daughters have been enjoying some of the books I have been "reading" because they are usually in the car with me when I am playing the audio.