Mary's Books

Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Murder at the Vicarage
Agatha Christie
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Six Geese A-Slaying
Donna Andrews

Murder She Wrote, Continuation

Murder, She Wrote: Aloha Betrayed - Donald Bain, Jessica Fletcher

When this show first appeared on tv, my mom loved the show and watched it religiously. Eventually, I started watching it, too and enjoyed it. I wasn't as religious about watching it (between work, school and homework there wasn't time) and so would watch whenever I could. Then it was on Netflix and I would watch a few episodes at a time to catch up. Then one day in a library, I saw the books, not all of them, just some. I borrowed one here or there.

I found this originally as an audiobook and borrowed it, but didn't get very far and gave up. I found it again as a Kindle book and regular book and borrowed it so that I could read it to fill in the Reading around the USA mysteries. It took care of Hawaii (I know there are many out there, but this worked, too).

Jessica Fletcher has arrived in Maui, HI to co-teach a class with a famous retired detective, Mike Kane. On her arrival, she finds another person she has been asked to find and meet, Mala, a friend of Seth Haslitt's granddaughter. On the first night, Jessica is going to a luau and looks for Mala there but meets, Bob and his wife, Elaine, Professor Luzon and his wife, Honi and his graduate assistant, Grace. Just before she leaves, Grace tells Jessica that Mala was at the luau, but that she was arguing with someone. Jessica also overhears some men talking about getting rid of a woman if she continues to cause trouble.

She is told about Mala's death by Mike and they begin to look into the death of Mala because while the officials are calling it an accident, they don't believe it was an accident.

I did enjoy this story and was glad that I finally got a chance to read it.