HelloGeorge

Truly Devious
Maureen Johnson
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Max Lucado
Progress: 51 %

Medical Thriller

Bloodstream - Tess Gerritsen

I borrowed this book from the library and used both a Kindle version and an audio version so that I could "read" when I was driving or knitting/crocheting.

Claire Elliott and her son, Noah, have moved to Tranquility, Maine to help him get away from a bad influence in their old hometown and to give them a chance to get over the loss of her husband and his father. They had been there since the summer when she purchased a practice from the family of a deceased doctor and she was having a hard time getting a start as she was regarded with suspicion by the people of the town. They felt that she would pack up and leave once the winter came.

She ran into issues with her son getting into trouble at school while riding his skateboard and just trying to get patients to accept her and let her do what she was taught to do, be a clinician. They wanted her to be like their old doctor and just throw pills at the problem.

One day, while she was at the hospital a teacher and kids from her son's school are brought into the hospital with gunshot wounds. She leaves to find her son and finds that he was a hero for tackling the kid with the gun. She also knows that the kid with the gun is one of her patients and she wants to treat him because he is not behaving correctly and she feels that he has some medical problem that needs to be treated. His father doesn't want her near his son and gets his friend a smug town doctor to take over the care of the child and he treats Claire like she doesn't know what she is doing.

As she goes along, another student from her son's school has a break and attacks his family and the school is experiencing many students who are fighting and getting into trouble, including her own son.

The story was very interesting and at times it made me think of another story that I had read some time ago but was just different enough to keep me interested to the end.