HelloGeorge

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology
Rebecca Paley, Leah Remini
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Aunt Dimity and her Past

Aunt Dimity and the Buried Treasure - Nancy Atherton

Lori is happily married to Bill and they have twin sons and a baby daughter. They are settled in the cottage, her father-in-law, William, is living in Ivy Cottage with his new wife and they are all as happy as can be in the village of Finch. For the village, moving day is an exciting day, someone new is moving in and everyone wants a good view of the new neighbors and their household items. Trouble starts when they notice that there are boxes labeled "Museum" and they order/ask Lori to go in and get to the bottom of those boxes. She makes friends with the new people and when she learns that the movers broke the blender, she offers one of the blenders she has in her attic from when she and Bill got married. When she goes to the attic to find a blender to give the new neighbors as a housewarming gift, she finds an armlet and goes to the study to talk with Dimity. She learns that it was a gift from a young man that she knew after the war and their time together ended badly and she asks Lori to find the man, she only knew as Badger, and explain to him why she was not able to commit to him.

I really enjoyed the story and enjoyed hearing it with my children as we drove in the car running errands and taking care of things. I enjoyed the progression of life for Lori and her family and all that is happening in the village. I like how people change and grow and allow for fixing things others did when they were younger. I also enjoyed Lori's search for the truth behind the gift. I loved the involvement of men and women who served in the wars and how their lives progressed after the war and the way they don't consider themselves heroes for what they did during the war.