HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

An Early Book

Never Say Die - Tess Gerritsen

This book is set in post-war Vietnam and Laos. Willy (Wilone) is searching for any information on her father who was shot down flying Air America during the Vietnam War. Information on him and his mission are still considered classified. Her mother is dying and wants information. Along the way, she is given help from the general who sent her father, in the form of Guy Bernard. A former soldier with a past, who is now working for the government in identifying the remains of soldiers that are being sent back by the Vietnamese government. As they work their way through the cities and jungles, they are being tracked by an assassin, assigned by someone who doesn't want Willy's father found. As they find people who remember her father, they are found dead.

I was not as interested in this book as I am in the books she has written with Rizzoli and Isles in them, or some of her later books. I am uncertain about why this book was not as interesting to me, but I just pushed through, mostly to find out if she finds her father or if he is the elusive Friar Tuck, the spy that the government wants to bring back for justice.