HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Last Al Roker Story

The Talk Show Murders - Al Roker, Dick Lochte

Okay, there were moments that I was just frustrated with the story and then as this one went on there were some laugh out loud moments.

Billy Blessing and the crew are in Chicago for the show and he has been sent to visit someone else's show, while a blackmailing former cop is on and this starts the ball rolling for many deaths and other things going wrong. Billy's past is being brought out by the former cop who wants lots of money to keep it quiet. At the same time there are so many others who he is trying to blackmail, the only thing, he went after the wrong man and is murdered for his troubles.

While the murderer tries to get the files back, they are going after Billy and anyone who comes between him and the files.

One of my favorite lines in the story involved Billy being kidnapped from in front of the police station, not once, but twice.

The story was interesting and had moments of intrigue and I did not really have a clue about who murdered whom. I did feel that Cassandra's calls of irritation at Billy for not being around to help run his restaurant were over the top and the mysteries of what was wrong with the electric and where the rodents and bugs were coming from were just too much.