HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Borrower of the Night
Elizabeth Peters
Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery)
Ginger Bolton
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Middle or End of a Series

Look Both Ways - Carol J. Perry

I stumbled across the book and just liked the title, "Look Both Ways." The reason I know that there are books before it is because Maralee (the main character) keeps mentioning things that happened before.

Maralee is a scryer and she is keeping this information from her boyfriend, Peter, a police officer. She has also moved into the attic apartment she and her aunt created in her aunt's house after a fire (happened in the previous book), the apartment is bare and she starts by going to an antique store to buy a dresser like the one she had owned and was destroyed in the fire. When she goes back to the store to get some dishes, she finds the owner dead and describes the owner's former partner as the man who bumped into her when running from the scene. As the investigation wears on, she volunteers to help find items for the plays that her employer is putting together for the summer. As she goes along she meets all three men that her friend, River, tells her to be cautious of.

When she finds information in the dresser, she shares it with her boyfriend and when someone (one of the men involved in the investigation) say something she thinks is important she shares that with her boyfriend, helping to solve the case.

It was a good stand alone story and I may go back and read the other books to better understand the one, but on the whole, it was an interesting story.