HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cinnamon Toasted
Gail Oust
A Catered Mother's Day (A Mystery With Recipes Book 11)
Isis Crawford
Progress: 51 %
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

So Much to Read and So Many Challenges!

If you look at my currently reading list you will be shocked by how much is being read. I have challenged my self to read 245 books this year. That was how much I had read last year. I always start with what I accomplished and see if I can repeat it or surpass. Some years I have surpassed and some I have not. A lot of this depends on my free time. I am using more audiobooks this year because I am also trying to finish many items (knit/crochet) and I am spending more time in the car driving back and forth between Ohio and Kentucky (my home and my father-in-law's home and sometimes my father's home). Without the audiobooks, I may not achieve my goal.

I still love to read the books over listening because it is hard for me to hear all the time (noise levels).

I decided to try challenges from one of the libraries I go to all the time, they are doing a "New Beginnings" Challenge:

Happy New Year, and here’s to New Beginnings!

This year, we’re challenging ourselves, and you, to read something new. Each month, we’ll post a subject or genre and suggest some authors or titles that fit the bill.

January’s challenge: Read a book by a Central or South Americana author. Might we suggest….

Mariana Enriquez
Valeria Luiselli
Jennine Capo Crucet
Alejandro Zambra
Mario Vargas Llosa
Chico Buarque

Then I am also doing the book from each of the states in the United States Challenge with the added challenge being a mystery or cozy mystery books. It pays to spend tons of time in the local libraries. They love researching challenges, and so do I!

I am hoping that these help me reach my goal of 245 books this year and maybe even getting past.