HelloGeorge

John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Current Last in Series

Potions and Pastries (A Magical Bakery Mystery) - Bailey Cates

This is a series of Cozy Mysteries involving Katie Lightfoot, Declan McCarthy, Lucy and Ben (her aunt and uncle) and the members of the Spellbook Club. It is set in Savannah, GA and Katie with her aunt and uncle own a bakery that is very popular.

Katie, Lucy, Ben and Declan have gone out to celebrate the 2nd year of business and as they are coming back from their meal they see Orla, a woman they know, telling tarot fortunes to the people on the walk. They are interested in the family dynamic in the Black Family. The next day, Katie and Lucy see Orla outside their shop and go out to talk with her. She says she doesn't have much time to talk, but she would meet with Katie that night, but instead, she walks in front of a car and is instantly killed.

Katie and Lucy both feel that it wasn't an accident and they begin their own investigation. Even Declan says he doesn't believe it was an accident. As they go along many other things begin to happen and Katie also deals with her and Declan's engagement and search for a new house.

I did enjoy this book and tried to read it every chance that I encountered. This is one series that I feel is best to read all the books in order, though.