HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Good Story to Listen to

The Christmas Mystery: A Detective Luc Moncrief Mystery (BookShots) - James Patterson, Richard DiLallo

I borrowed the audio version of this story because I am trying to work on handcrafted items (a blanket for my nephew, a hat for a friend's son, etc). I also cannot have the tv on during the day hours because the kids would not do school work because they are too busy watching tv. I assign the work and then they are to do the work and I check the work (later that night before I go to bed).

Luc Moncrief is a Frenchman who is a detective in New York. He and his partner Kay Burke are called right before Christmas to solve the murder of a socialite Baby D. Moncrief notices that the paintings are forgeries, but just before they can collect them and have them tested, they are taken from the apartment, that was guarded by police.

Then they try something else and Moncrief follows the driver that he thinks is to blame for the missing artwork. They also go to Paris, France where Moncrief's father has just died. He wants to see a report on his father's death and is told that there isn't one.

On the whole, it was two mysteries and two good stories. I enjoyed the audio and may borrow the book at a later time to actually read it for myself.