HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Finally!

Not a Creature Was Purring - Krista Davis

I really do mean Finally! Finally, we meet Holmes' fiancee that he says is high maintenance and that Grandma Rose (Holmes' Grandmother) doesn't like. Finally, we see him get rid of her and start a relationship with Holly. Finally, Holly gets to be with Holmes in a new way.

Holmes' fiancee and her family have come to Wagtail to meet his family and for them to meet them. But things are not going well. Dale Thackleberry is the grandfather of Norma Jeanne (NJ) and he is well known for his philanthropy and for his business. His wife is known for taking things and hanging onto them (foods, sugar packets, etc). Norma Jeanne is getting known for being difficult and planning every minute of the trip, to the exclusion of Holmes spending time with his family and his friends.

A local man puts up a huge Grinch balloon in celebration of the holiday and has to be told that he has to turn off lights and music at midnight. He grouses about it but does as requested. Holly's Aunt Birdie is beside herself over the Grinch and is causing trouble. She is also accused of having an affair with Dale (a married man).

The Grinch balloon is attacked and then after it is fixed and started up again, Dale is found murdered in the balloon. Birdie is accused of killing Dale and she accuses Dale's wife of the murder. Poor Dave is being run ragged with all the disappearances and deaths.

I did enjoy this story and was happy to have NJ show up and then be removed from his life because of her behavior in such a way that she is the one who looks like a skunk.